Your Dream School explains to you step-by-step how to register for the IELTS.
WHAT IS THE IELTS REGISTRATION PROCEDURE ?
To register for the l’IELTS you must go to the British Council website and follow the various steps indicated :
- Read the information directed toward candidates
The British Council makes available to candidates the information about the format of the test, the types of questions and the test results that you can download and read directly on their site Information for candidates (PDF, 933 Kb) and Notice to candidates (PDF, 71 Kb).
- Indicate the version of the test that you would like to take
The IELTS test exists in two different versions : an ‘Academic IELTS’ and the ‘IELTS general training’.
The ‘academic’ IELTS concerns people who wish to :
- study at an English-speaking university at Bachelor’s or Master’s level (Undergraduate or Postgraduate).
- rejoin a professional organisation in an English-speaking country.
The ‘general training’ IELTS est is for thosewho wish to :
- take a course below Bachelor’s level
- Work or take a professional course in an English-speaking country
- Emigrate to an English-speaking country
If you wish to study in a foreign country, it is the ‘academic’ IELTS you then need to take.
The British Council specifies that the l’IELTS is not recommended to candidates below 16 years of age.
- Verify the dates of your sessions
It is recommended by the British Council that your register at least two months before the date at which you wish to take the test to be sure to get a place on the date you would like. The number of places in each session is limited.
The Listening, Reading and Writing tests will all take place on the same day but it is possible for the Speaking test to be offered 1 week before or after the date asked for.
- Prepare the documents to download
To allow you to register for the IELTS, you must download the following documents :
- A photocopy of a document proving your identity (passport or both sides of your European identity card )
- If you are not a citizen of the European Union, you must provide a copy of your visa.
- Select your date and examination centre
From the Online Registration System of the British Council, you must then select the country and the city, the examination center and the date on which you would like to take the IELTS. You will also be asked to fill in certain sections with your personal information.
- Choose your method of payment
The cost of the IELTS registration is 232 euros.
You can pay for the test in several ways :
- Online via the online application form or in the five days following your registration on your candidate platform
- By a check addressed to the ‘British Council’ including a copy of the Application Summary and sending your check to the following address :British Council IELTS 9 rue de Constantine 75007 Paris France
- In person at the British Council reception Council in Paris by check or card.
- The opening hours are Monday to Friday from 9.30pm to 1.oopm and from 2.00pm to 5.30pm
- By bank transfer
- To complete the payment, here are the bank details of the British Council
- In the REFERENCE section include : ‘IELTS / family name / city / date of test’ eg. ‘IELTS / Dupont / Lyon / 09Jan2014’.
- Send the receipt via email to: [email protected] avec comme subject: ‘Bank transfer IELTS / family name / date of testt / reference number (FR585-…)’.
- Finalise your registration
Le British Council must receive all the documents no later than 5 days after your registration online or your registration will be automatically cancelled.
- One your registration is finalised
Once your registration is finalized, you will receive:
- An automatic email with an access code on your candidate platform will be sent to you which will give you access to the Road to IELTS platform.
- Two weeks before the expected date of your IELTS, you will receive a second email specifying the starting time of the test an the address.
How can Your Dream School help prepare you for the IELTS?
The Your Dream School Team has devised an unprecedented and proven method to best prepare and support the students looking to take the IELTS exam.
To best respond to the needs of every student, we offer three IELTS preparation plans: the basic Pack, the standard Pack and the premium Pack which are adapted to your mentoring needs.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions or supplementary information.
Your Dream School, partner in your success.